Public Records

Request for Public Records

The Georgia Open Records Act (O.C.G.A § 50-18-70 et seq), requires that all public records, except those excluded by court order or by law, be open for personal inspection by any individual at a reasonable time and place.

Requested records are usually available within three business days from receipt of the request. When the City estimates it is going to cost more than $25 to produce the records, we will respond within three (3) business days stating when the documents will be available, and the estimated production costs.

To submit an Open Record Request, click the link to complete the request form.

Record Retrieval Fees

As authorized by Code Section 50-18-71 of the Open Records Act, after the first 15 minutes of a City employee’s time has been expended, the City charges a fee per hour (or fraction thereof) for search, retrieval, redaction, and other direct administrative costs involved with an open records request. This fee represents the salary of the lowest paid full-time employee who possesses the necessary skill and training to complete the request.

More Information

For more information and questions regarding open records and open meetings, please contact City Clerk Lia Jones.