Listed below are housing practices that are considered illegal if they are based on a home seeker’s race, color, national origin, religion, sex, familial status or disability.
- Refusing to rent or sell a home.
- Falsely denying that a house is available for inspection, sale or rent.
- Offering different terms, conditions or privileges for certain people.
- Intimidating, interfering with or coercing to prevent the buying or renting of a dwelling.
- Advertising the sale or renting of a dwelling which indicates preference, limitation or discrimination.
- Discriminating against someone through financing or broker’s services.
- Steering clients to certain neighborhoods or certain areas of a complex.
More information can be obtained by viewing the following documents and/or web pages:
The Georgia Fair Housing Act
HUD Office of Fair Housing and Equal Opportunity