Code of Ordinance No. 2013-06
Effective August 2013, the City of Hinesville implemented Ordinance No. 2013-06
to establish requirements for time and placement of trash receptacles and roll-out containers for curbside collection. This ordinance establishes proper placement of trash receptacles and roll-out containers for curbside collection. Failure to comply with these rules may result in a citation for public nuisance.
What does the ordinance say?
The main points of the ordinance are as follows:
- Place roll-out containers curbside after 5 p.m. on the day before your scheduled collection
- Remove roll-out containers from the curbside and place them adjacent to your home and away from the curb before 6:30 a.m. the day after your scheduled collection
- For example: If your trash collection day is Friday, then you may place your container out at 5 p.m. on Thursday but must retrieve it before 6:30 a.m. on Saturday
How does it benefit me?
- Those who do not comply will receive a written warning for the first offense and a public nuisance citation for any subsequent offenses
View the ordinance
- Efficient garbage and solid waste collection
- Maintains a clean and beautiful neighborhood
- Enhanced quality of life
If you desire more information about this ordinance or curbside trash collection in the City of Hinesville, read the ordinance
or call (912) 876-8216.