ARP: Non-profit Public Service Grant
The City of Hinesville through the Community Development Department is offering $150,000 in grants via American Rescue Plan funds to assist local non-profit organizations in providing public services to address adverse impacts of the Coronavirus.
APPLICATION WILL OPEN 8:00 AM JUNE 28 AND CLOSE 5:00 PM JULY 13.
• Non-profit organization; IRS designated 501 (c) 3 entity.
• Located within the City of Hinesville; in operation as of March 1, 2020.
Application Availability & Submission
• The application is only available via an online platform which allows users to save and restart the application as well as facilitates secure submission of supporting documents.
• Submission will require IRS tax exemption letter, 2019 & 2020 Form 990, and detail a service that responds to the COVID-19 health emergency.
• Applicant will be required to certify that the City’s assistance is not duplicative of any other funding.
• Applications should only be submitted by the owner, partner, or authorized board member.
• Applications may only be submitted using the online platform.
• Applications will be reviewed in the order received.
• Incomplete applications will not be considered for funding.
• Grant funding must be used for the provision of public services including but not limited to food, housing, homelessness, transportation, and education assistance.
• Up to 25% of funds may be used for operational costs (payroll, rent, mortgage, utility, COVID mitigation)
• Program period/expenditure timeframe is March 3, 2021 – March 2, 2022.
• During the program period, proof of payment must be submitted to document eligible use of grant funds.
• Award amounts will be based on:
- number of eligible applications submitted at conclusion of the solicitation period
-actual beneficiaries served during the previous calendar year (January – December 2020)
-anticipated beneficiaries to be served during the program period
Other Assistance Resources
Due to limitations of federal funding, applicants are encouraged to identify and pursue all available resources.
o U.S. Small Business Administration www.sba.gov
o Small Business Development Center www.georgiasbdc.org
o SCORE Savannah www.savannah.score.org
Fraud & Repayment
Applicants are advised that making false statements, concealing information, submitting altered documents, utilizing funds for ineligible purposes, or similar actions are considered fraudulent and may result in repayment of the grant award or other legal action.
Inquiries regarding the program should be routed to CommunityDevelopment@cityofhinesville.org