Fire safety inspections are conducted biannually on all commercial and public assembly facilities. For more information, view the Code of Ordinances for Hinesville.
Open Burning Permit
Complete and submit the Open Burning Permit if you would like to request an open burning.
Report an Arson
To report an arson or if you have information concerning a fire, please call (912) 271-1218 or you may contact the Georgia Arson Control hot line at (800) 282-5804.
Business License Inspections
Business license inspections are conducted before a business is allowed to open to the public. To schedule a business license inspection contact the Hinesville Fire Department at (912) 876-4143. In order to pass inspection from the Hinesville Fire Department for a business license, you must meet all applicable National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) codes and other standards adopted by the City of Hinesville.
If you have any questions, please contact Captain Jerry Heath at (912) 876-4145.
These items are most looked over when applying for a business license inspection:
- Fire Extinguisher must be at least a five-pound ABC type extinguisher.
- Place one extinguisher a minimum of every 50 feet apart, not to exceed 75 feet.
- Extinguishers must be mounted on a wall at least three feet high from the bottom of the canister and no higher than five feet to the top of the canister.
- Extinguishers must display a tag showing a current date of inspection.
- Exit lights must be Illuminated at all times.
- Emergency lighting must be in working order.
- Aisle ways must remain clear of all stock.
- All electrical panel boxes must have at least three feet of clearance on all sides. Breakers must be labeled.
- Drop or extension cords may not replace building wiring.
- Exit doors must be free from all obstructions.
- Range hood systems must display a tag showing last date of inspection and grease removal.
- Sprinkler systems must display a green tag showing a current date of inspection.
Fire Marshal's Office Inspection List
The following inspections will be done by our Bureau of Fire Prevention and Education. Please contact us directly at (912) 876-4143 to schedule an inspection. Most of these inspections take at least 2 hours, so plan accordingly. (** - indicates inspection may be lengthy)
- Ceiling Cover-Up**
- Certificate of Occupancy
- Courtesy Walk-Through
- Final Inspection**
- Fire Alarm Final
- Fire Pump Test**
- Firework's Stand
- Food Truck
- Hood Suppression Test**
- Hood System Light Test**
- HVAC Smoke Test**
- Hydrant Flow Test
- Special Events
- Sprinkler System Flush**
- Sprinkler System Pressure Test**
- Tent or Air Supported Structures
- Underground Pressure Test**
- Wall Cover-Up**